Follow these guidelines while teaching.
Your course is a combination of Moodle functionality and Google documents. We discourage you from editing ANY course Google documents as many students print their course materials. Google documents are ALWAYS live; an alteration mid-semester will cause a discrepancy between printed materials, the course site, and the live document.
If you do make changes to your course site, please follow the Top 5 Universal Course Design Guidelines we used to design your course.
Refer to faculty self-help guides when needed.
- News and Announcements Forum
- Q&A Forum
- Dialogue with Your Instructor
- Vitual Office Hours
- Quickmail (for group mailing)
- Hide an Activity or Resource
- Add a new Learning Resource for an upcoming semester: update your Teaching Guide and notify OES Course Assistance. Deadline: 9 weeks before term begins
Quizzes and Exams
- Configure a Quiz for User Accommodations (one time)
- Configure a Quiz for Disability Accommodations (OES Assistance)
- Grade or Make a Comment on a Quiz Question
- Grade Essay Questions in a Quiz
- Rate or Grade Discussion Posts
- Grade Group Assignments
- Export Grades from Gradebook (backup)
- Send Grades to PeopleSoft
- Add Co-Instructors/TA (or other participants)
- Create Groups Randomly
- Create Groups Manually
- Add or Remove Users from Groups
Visit UMN IT for more Moodle Self-Help Guides